Our Story

How it all started...

In the summer of 1956, Lawrence Mobley saw the population growth in southeast Springfield and felt there was a need for another congregation in that part of town.
He began work on the original building at 2145 E. Grand St. (across the street from the present building), which was completed in the spring of 1957. The first meeting was June 23, 1957. The congregation was called Eastside Church of Christ.
The church was renamed East Grand Church of Christ at the second business meeting.
The church purchased land at the corner of East Grand Street and Barnes Avenue in 1969. Ground was broken for construction in 1971 and the building was completed in December 1971.

Expanding the vision...

East Grand's mission field includes building and medical mission trips to Nicaragua; East Grand Community Services and its Before and After School program; Bingham Elementary School; and Fair Haven Children's Home, among others.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 10:30 a.m.